These are really beautifully hand made hatchets that are very sharp and can hold a very good edge. You can carve with them, split wood and saplings, gut and dress rabbits, prepare food. They are little miracles. The ultimate camping and bushcraft tool! Overall length is a little under 8.5 inches. The cutting edge is about 4 inches. These are in hand forged Damascus steel. They weigh about 400 grams in total and are beautifully balanced in the hand - with a lovely heft. Each of these hatchets and blade covers is different - no two are the same - ensuring that you get a unique and very special hatchet. We won't be selling very many of these - so get them whilst you can. Because of the hand made nature of these items the precise nature, colour of wood, filework and grinds may vary and are subject to change without further notice. We run a no quibble returns policy. If you don't like a knife or hatchet and you wish to return it you must do so within 14 days of receipt of the item - in mint, uncarried, unsharpened condition and we will refund you. Our stock is constantly changing - so it is worth visiting to have a regular look. It normally takes about 5-10 days to ship to the USA and Canada, a couple of days to Europe and about one day to the UK. Only for sale to responsible individuals over 18 years of age.
- Stunning custom made hatchet - perfect for bushcrafting, camping and for hunting
- Made from 5mm thick Damascus steel - hand forged and ground to create a useful and very sharp all purpose hatchet - we aim for 58-59RC in terms of hardness
- Walnut handle - made from gunstock offcuts - with stunning 'snake' filework
- Will do most jobs around camp from battoning, making camp, splitting saplings, dressing rabbits...you name it it can pretty much do it
- Heavy duty leather head cover. The ultimate camping and bushcraft tool!