This is a peach of a folding Bowie knife/sub-hilt fighter. Initially, when unfolded, it looks like some kind of pre-historic fish - made of dazzling Damascus steel and Stag antler varies a lot from knife to knife - but once you start to open it you will be stunned by what a beautiful knife it turns into! Awesome piece! The Damascus is all hand forged. The steel is made from four steels all folded and hammered together - including ballbearing steel, band saw steel and two high carbon steels. It is hardened and heat treated to 58-59RC - which means you can get and keep a good edge on this work of art. To release just press the button on the back of the knife and it folds back to a smaller size. Size when folded is about 8.5 inches. Open it is about 12.5 inches long. The blade is about 1 inch deep. We won't be selling many of these, so get them while you can. Your buddies will be real envious. These are great users and would also make an awesome centrepiece to your knife collection. Every knife and leather pouch varies - as they are all hand made. These aren't machine made and identical. The one shown is indicative of what you will receive but will not be identical - this is part of their charm. Each one is unique. Our knife range is manufactured from high quality European materials by an excellent UK manufacturer in small batches; they are NOT churned out in their thousands in a factory in the Far East. Only for sale to responsible adults over 18 years of age. We ship using Royal Mail Signed for Service or Airsure. We try to mail next day from receipt of order - depending on the time of day in the UK when the order is received. It normally take 5-10 days to addresses in the US and Canada.
- Beautiful hand forged, genuine, Damascus Blade and all other metal parts - made from four steels, to create 416 layers - overall length is 12.5 inches when fully open. Stag antler handles. Precise colour and bark varies.
- All hand made and finished to create a rugged hand made knife that can handle just about anything around camp or out in the wilderness
- Opens into a sub-hilt fighter style knife with double hand guard - very rare piece. NOW YOU SEE IT NOW YOU DON'T!!!
- Steel hand filed liners - this one has all the extras - a remarkable and unique piece. Doesn't even look like a knife when folded up!
- Snaps locked open as a Bowie but can be released by pressing button on back of knife.